Members present by phone: Meeting conducted through Google Meet.
Call to order and approve agenda: Amy Falcon
Review and Approval of Minutes: The minutes were not available and will be reviewed and approved next month.
Fiscal agent Financial Report: The financial report was not available for the meeting.
Agenda Item 1: Public Awareness: Amy led a discussion regarding the current advertising campaigns. These include radio, YMCA in Dodge City and Garden City, movie theater in Dodge City and billboards in Dodge City and Garden City.
Agenda Item 2: Membership: There are no new members at this time. Amy had recruitment packets available for task force members to take with them.
Agenda Item 3: Education: Nothing to report.
Agenda Item 4: Data Collection: Nothing to report.
Agenda Item 5: KDADS update: Juan gave the following KDADS update:
- The latest version of the NGAGE survey results on attitudes and awareness focused on sports betting; NGAGE 2.0, should be available soon.
- NCPG created different type of subsites in order to do advocacy and awareness with different populations and issues. This includes ncpgsurvery.org for the NGAGE survey, operationresponsiblegambling.org for military, and responsibleplay.org for responsible gambling.
- The Gift Responsibly Campaign to encourage responsible gifting of lottery tickets and not to youth was participated in by 100% of state lotteries and many more non-lottery organizations. The campaign has also been designed to be used throughout the year.
- The NCPG 2022 conference will take place in Boston. The dates will be July 20th and 23rd and the main conference will be July 21st and 22nd. The digital symposium will take place June 8th and 9th.
- The NFL Foundation grant was provided to NCPG by the NFL. This will be a 3- year grant that will be approximately $2 million per year for 3 years. This funding will help with helpline improvements, prevention grants, and other initiatives.
- NCPG reports that calls to the helpline are on pace to be the largest since 2015.
- 2022 will mark the 50th anniversary of NCPG. A new logo for the anniversary will be created.
- The NFL has been running commercial spots during all their games to encourage responsible gambling.
- Draft Kings is providing grant funding to the 35 NCPG affiliate chapters in the amount of $15,000 per year for 3 years. Applications are being accepted for this funding.
Old Business: No old business to discuss.
New Business: No new business to discuss.
Next Meeting Reminder: January 13, 2022
Time of Adjournment: 2:30 p.m.