Members present by phone: Meeting conducted through Google Meet
Call to order and approve agenda: Amy Falcon
Review and Approval of Minutes: The minutes were from September’s meeting were approved.
Fiscal agent Financial Report: The financial report was not available for the meeting.
Agenda Item 1: Public Awareness: Amy led a discussion regarding continuation of radio advertising and banners in the Dodge City High School field house during basketball games.
Agenda Item 2: Membership: There are no new members at this time. Amy had recruitment packets available for task force members to take with them.
Agenda Item 3: Education: Nothing to report.
Agenda Item 4: Data Collection: Nothing to report.
Agenda Item 5: KDADS update: Juan gave the following KDADS update:
Deliverables for the task forces and coalition to include initial budgets as well as media and general actions plans are due on October 15.
- The problem gambling team is working with the University of Kansas to update the Community Check Box as well as quarterly reporting in the Workstation. These changes will facilitate the process of reporting for the task forces and coalition.
- The campaign of the National Council on Problem Gambling titled “Gift Responsibly”’ to raise awareness regarding the risks of underage lottery use is available for December. There are multiple resources on the NCPG website to include fact sheets, social media images, press releases, and others are available free of charge. Participants are just required to specify their level of involvement when signing up on the website.
- The dates for the National Conference on Problem Gambling have been announced for 2022. There will be a digital symposium that will take place online on June 8-9, 2022. The in-person conference will take place in Boston on July 20-23, 2022. The 20th and 23rd will be for more in-depth workshops with the main conference taking place on June 21-22.
- The National Council on Problem Gambling has received a multi-year, multimillion-dollar grant for the NFL to modernize the helpline, improve communications, and fund prevention projects. An official announcement should be coming soon.
- A new initiative called “Operation Responsible Gambling” to do outreach to active-duty military personnel and veterans is now available. The website has multiple resources. The website is https://operationresponsiblegambling.org/ for more information.
Old Business: Juan led a discussion regarding Responsible Gaming Education Week that took place from September 19-25th. Christa reported the radio ad was changed during this week.
New Business: No new business.
Next Meeting Reminder: November 11, 2021
Time of Adjournment: 2:30 p.m.